Redacting documents can be a lengthy, time-consuming, and laborious process, especially if you have a large data set to redact. It can be even worse if you use manual redaction to remove sensitive information. But this does not have to be the case!
You can use automatic redaction software to perform automated redaction. So in this post I am doing a quick review of top 7 automatic redaction tools that you can try for your own redaction needs. But, Before we get in let me tell you the quick benefits of using an automated redaction tool.
The benefits of automatic redaction software
- Reduces human effort. Quickly identifies and redacts confidential information from documents which saves you hours of extra manual effort.
- No possibility of human errors. When compared to manual method, automated results are more accurate.
- Improved overall document quality. Manual redaction makes your document look messy and unprofessional. Automatic redaction creates clean, professional-looking documents.
- Improved security. Automated redaction of sensitive information has less chance of leaking.
- Keeps you in compliance with laws and regulations. Automatic redaction software adheres to GDPR and HIPAA regulations.
Tips for choosing the right automatic redaction software
Are you tired of manually redacting documents? If so, you're not alone. More and more businesses are turning to automatic redaction software to save time and hassle.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the right software for your needs.
- Type of documents you want to redact. Your software should have the ability to redact images and text.
- The volume of documents you’ll be redacting daily or weekly.
- Your chosen software should deliver protection for your documents and prevent sensitive data from leaking out.
- Data redaction is a complex process. Go for software with an interface that is easy to use and understand.
- Compatible with all types of document files including PDFs, Word documents, etc.
- Your budget. Your choice of software should be affordable without putting strains on your pocket.
- Features that will meet your needs. Your selected software should have flexibility and a range of redaction options to help you redact your documents.
Once you've considered all of these factors, you should be able to narrow down your choices and find the perfect software for your business.
Comparison of different automatic redaction software packages
When it comes to choosing automatic redaction software, there are a lot of different options out there. So, how do you know which one is right for you and your needs?
In this article, we'll be comparing seven different automatic redaction software packages:
Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
The software is a widely used program that offers a variety of features for editing PDFs. One of the key features of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro is the ability to automatically fill in form fields with data from a database or spreadsheet. This can save you time working with large documents with many form fields.
Another useful feature of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro is its optical character recognition (OCR) tool. You can use it to convert scanned documents into editable text files. You can also use OCR to extract text from images and other types of non-textual document formats.
- Powerful security feature to keep your sensitive information safe.
- Document collaboration. You can collaborate with your colleagues on your project.
- Easy to manage and track comments and revisions.
- Extremely versatile, and you can use it for a variety of files. Use it to read PDF files, fill out a form, or sign a document.
- Easy to use interface hence easy to navigate through PDF documents.
- Responsive design. Compatible with any electronic device.
- Adobe Document Cloud makes it accessible from anywhere, on any device.
- Quite pricey, especially if you want to use all its features regularly.
- Possibility of bugs and causes issues with other programs on your device.
- The interface can be confusing and difficult to use. The features make it overwhelming for new users.
- Acrobat pro costs $23.19 a month, and Acrobat standard costs $15/month.
ObjectiveRedact is automatic redaction software for your document redaction solution. You can use it from your electronic files, documents, scanned output, or any other information source, such as a database report.
You can use it to redact PDF, Word, or Excel documents for your business. Objective Redact offers three types of redaction methods; structured, unstructured, and freestyle.
- Easy to use. You can easily install it on your desktop and get it to work immediately.
- Redacts various file types, PDFs, Microsoft Excel or Word documents, email, and more.
- Redacts all your text, i.e., hidden metadata, such as authors and creation dates, permanently.
- Automated redact tool to redact multiple pages or high-volume documents.
- Built-in governance to produce reports.
- Offers demo video and free trial.
- Relies on algorithms that aren't perfect full-time, hence possible mistakes.
- Difficult finding a balance between redacting information and maintaining context.
- Being based in the United state makes it subject to US laws and regulations. This could potentially jeopardize your privacy if the US government were to request access to your data.
- Starting price: $76.49 per month.
PDFtron is a Canadian software company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. They develop the PDFtron tool, which provides an online toolkit for creating and editing PDF files. The tool includes a plethora of features that allow you to redact both manually and through automated processes.
- Fast, free, and easy to use.
- Creates documents from scratch.
- Edit existing documents, view, annotate and convert PDF files.
- Redacts a large volume of documents.
- Can be embedded into a webpage.
- It’s possible to incorporate it into automated workflows.
- Removes metadata while also redacting text.
- Automated redaction.
- Accessible on a free trial.
- Desktop version available.
- Requires a subscription to use it.
- You can find the interface challenging and complicated to navigate.
- Does not offer phone or live chat support.
- The free version is quite limited in terms of features and functionality.
- Possible crashes and bugs.
- You need to contact their sales team for the price quote.
PatrolEyes is one of the best video automatic redaction software in the market. The software only asks for an internet connection and a chrome browser and you’re good to go. The automatic redaction software saves you time from having to go through your video frames by frame.
- Compatible with all major files format.
- Fast with a simple user interface.
- Redacts license plates, credit cards, etc.
- Automatically detects and redacts.
- Automatically detects a face, object, body, and audio.
- Provides multiple blur options.
- Straightforward drag-and-drop file upload.
- Supports files such as .MOV / .MP4 / .AVI / .WMV.
- Offers unlimited redactions.
- Offers 7-day cloud storage.
- It's a subscription-based service.
- Not compatible with all video formats and video editing softwares.
- Freezes and crashes redacting large videos.
- Poor customer service.
- Starts from $50.00
Wondershare PDFelement is another document redaction tool you can decide to try. The tool is one of the most popular and also cost-effective. You can use it to remove sensitive personal information from documents. The tool features help you to easily your PDF documents. It allows you to create, edit, convert, organize, and annotate your PDF files flawlessly.
- Extremely easy to use.
- Offers password protection for your PDF files.
- Create PDF from scratch.
- Convert existing documents into PDF format.
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel, Powerpoint, HTML, etc.
- Edit your documents on the software.
- Add text, images, shapes, and signatures.
- Annotate PDFs with comments, sticky notes, and highlights.
- Fill out forms and sign documents electronically.
- Very pricey
- No monthly subscriptions.
- Limited features. No document collaboration or commenting.
- Not familiar with PDFeditors? The tool is not your best option.
- Does not work with MAC computers.
- Slow and buggy.
- Yearly plan $79.99
- 2-year plan $109.99
- Perpetual plan $129.99
The FastRedaction tool is an additional automatic redaction software. It is a great way to quickly and easily remove sensitive information from your documents. It's simple to use and only takes a few seconds to redact your document. Plus, it's free to use!
So if you need to protect your information, be sure to check out FastRedaction.
- Redacts images, PDFs, and Microsoft Office Documents.
- Easy to use, simple, and straightforward interface. Offers you a drag-and-drop option.
- Integrated with Gmail.
- Secure. Your document has no risk of being leaked.
- Accurate data redaction.
- Offers you a free trial.
- Loses original document color or shading. It offers black-and-white redacted document versions.
- Hard to choose which pages of documents to redact.
- Time-consuming hence frustrating.
- Doesn’t save your work as you go.
- $19+$1 per minute of the uploaded video.
- You need to contact their team for annual pricing.
If you're looking for a quick and easy way to redact documents, Redactable is the perfect tool for you. Redactable has worked for me and stands out as the top automatic redaction software.
With its simple interface and fast processing speed, you can quickly remove sensitive information from your documents without any hassle. Even better, Redactable is less cheap to use, so you can save money on expensive redaction software.
- Built-in integration such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box.
- Best for every industry. Redact documents from Legal, Finance Real Estate, Insurance, Health Care, and Government.
- Trusted by CFV ventures, Chisos, The Fund, et
- Blog section that offers massive guides on the latest data privacy news.
- Redaction Certificates.
- Built-in AI features.
- Team collaborations. Invite your team and colleagues to help you solve the problem of document data redaction quickly and collaboratively. From our redaction history, you can learn who and when your colleagues performed data redaction.
- Redact with a single click. Using integrated AI technology that provides automatic one-click redaction, removing sensitive data will be a piece of cake.
- Cloud-based. Get to access the Redactable from anywhere anytime.
- Efficiency. Redactable offers auto redaction that provides options to redact by pattern: Email Addresses, Phone Numbers, etc.
- Advanced security. Redactable does not mask your data, it permanently removes your sensitive data and metadata completely!
- Easy to use with a clear and clean workstation from having a toolbar on the left to redaction options on your right.
- A Redactable disadvantage is yet to be found.
Redactable has plans for all your needs with their pricing. You will access all Redactable unlimited features for only $49 a month. When you decide to pay it yearly, get 20% off the price and pay $470.
If you're looking for an automatic way to redact sensitive information from your documents, Redactable is the perfect tool for the job. Redactable is also great for collaboration, it allows multiple users to work on the same document simultaneously.
Redactable is a quick and easy way to redact sensitive information from your documents. Give Redactable a try today and see how easy it is to redact your documents.
Get to create your account today for free and enjoy a 14-day free trial with no limitation to any software features.`